Navigation Pages

Sunday 8 November 2015

YouTube

I love YouTube more than I love farmer's markets but every time I enter I am forced to endure an assault on everything I hold dear to feminism and women's rights. 

I am constantly bombarded with ads for oestrogen kits, genital shaving creams, menstrual pads, questions about whether my body is bikini ready (the answer is no, and hasn't been since 2001), #ParentOn, supplements to improve my fertility and ovulation detection probes.

YouTube 1


What I wanna know is this - what is it about my search history, YouTube, which suggests to you that I (a) like children or (b) am planning to spawn myself? Below is a sample of the YouTube clips I've watched in the past week (just a sample!).

Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom 


Thug life animals


Thug life football


A Dose of Buckley (ah Buckley, what would we do without your angry humour?)


Furious Pete


Legend


I love cats


YouTube, I simply don't understand how you can delude yourself into thinking a person who enjoys such entertainment is a mature, responsible woman and not a culturally confused female undergoing a second puberty.

YouTube1

YouTube2

I used Boyfriend's laptop yesterday to look up the same stuff. He gets ads for gaming, hair loss treatments and cars. No less sexist but mildly less disturbing than coochy creams and egg-freezing technologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment