Navigation Pages

Sunday 8 November 2015

Dad

My Dad is possibly the greatest human in existence. Why? Because he had to raise me, which (surprise surprise) puts my Mum in the same category –  both survivors, both living legends.

This was my Dad before I was born. Happy, successful, pleased with how life was planning out.


Dad 1

Then I came.

Dad 3

Dad 4

Dad 5

Dad 6

After two years of me waking up at ridiculous o’clock, this is what my Mum resembled.

Dad 7

And that’s being flattering. I’m not exactly sure what happened, but I think when I was about two years old Mum pulled Dad aside and calmly told him,

“From now on, you look after Allie in the mornings, because if you don’t, I’m going to kill her, and anyone who stands in my way.”

So the routine changed and became this:

Dad 8

Dad 9

Dad 10

Dad 11

Dad 12

Dad 13

At the time I was certain Dad was thinking,

"Oh joy, Allie is here and I get to play. Hurrah!”

Dad 14

What he was actually thinking?

“God I hate you.”

I had A LOT of energy when I was a kid, and nothing held my attention long. If I was bored there were tears and screams, and to let my Mum get her zzzs, Dad would have to do exactly what I wanted…

Dad 15

Dad 16

Dad 17

Dad 18

Dad 19

Dad 20

Mum would wake up at 8:00 a.m.-ish and take the next shift.

Leaving my Dad a broken, shell of a man.

Dad 22

So to both my parents - I don't know how you managed, but I'm so grateful you did. 

1 comment: