Navigation Pages

Sunday 8 November 2015

350 Calories

I decided to treat myself this morning. I went to one of those Starbucks/Costa/Nero places and ordered a muffin. I thought it might not be enough, because the  night before I underwent a HARROWING 11km run, so I looked at getting a secondary treat. Wanting a healthy snack to make up for the unhealthiness of a muffin (because let’s be honest, muffins are just cake. We’re all eating cake for breakfast), I chose a tub of blueberry yogurt oat stuff too. Blueberries, oats, yogurt. Can’t go wrong, right? They’re all superfoods. Three superfoods in a pint sized tub. Winning.

From the start, the universe tried to warn me that it might not be my day…

250 calories 1

250 calories 2

250 calories 3

But back at my desk I forgot the pillaging of my wallet and got down to business.

250 calories 4

Was so excited, so happy. I was about to eat cake before 10am! Was feeling all these delightful sensations right up until the point I felt the muffin was as stale  as old crackers. Really old crackers.

250 calories 5

250 calories 6

250 calories 7

But I still had my Triple Superfood Yogurt Time. And surely, that had to be tasty. I like oats. I love yogurt. I go gaga over blueberries. So I set expectations accordingly.

250 calories 8

And you know what? It was great! Although the tub was the equivalent of three mouthfuls (maybe 3.5 if you're eating with one of those mini spoons) they were mouthwateringly scrumptious mouthfuls. So scrumptious in fact that I got suspicious. Yogurt and oats and blueberries don't taste this good normally? Like, ever. Something fishy was going on…

I usually never do this because there’s nothing I find more annoying than calorie counters, but I had to know what was in this little tub of goodness that made it so… well… so good. First, I checked the ingredients: Glucose, sugar, fructose, blueberry concentrate… lots of other diabetes-inducing sounding things… then at the end it listed yogurt and oats (they probably only made up 2% of the concoction).

250 calories 9

Then I looked at the calorie count.

250 calories 10

350 calories. 350 CALORIES FOR THE TINIEST TUB OF YOGURT I’VE EVER SEEN!

Totally. Freekin’. Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment